127 North Street
Elkton, MD 21922
Due to recent federal regulations, after August 15, 2010, if you want to continue to utilize Cecil Bank's overdraft protection services to cover any overdrafts on ATM or everyday debit card transactions, you will need to Opt In to this service (see below for Opt In options).
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but Cecil Bank pays it anyway. Cecil Bank can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. Cecil Bank has standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. Cecil Bank also offers overdraft protection plans, such as a prearranged transfer from savings or an overdraft line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask a representative about these plans.
This notice explains Cecil Bank's standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account? Cecil Bank does authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transaction made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
- ATM transactions, or
- Everyday debit card transactions
Cecil Bank pays overdrafts at the Bank's discretion, which means Cecil Bank does not guarantee that it will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If Cecil Bank does not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Cecil Bank pays my overdraft?
Under Cecil Bank's standard overdraft practices:
- Cecil Bank will charge you a fee of $32.00 each time it pays an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees Cecil Bank can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Cecil Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
Complete the form below and hit SUBMIT
OR - If you prefer, you may also print the form, complete it and return to any Cecil Bank branch location, fax to Cecil Bank at 410-392-3128, or mail it to: Cecil Bank, P O Box 469, Elkton, MD 21922-0469. Or you may call 866-577-1650 to complete the process.
If you have questions, please call 866-577-1650.
Phone Number w/Area Code
City, State, Zip
Please select this box:
I want Cecil Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions.